Wednesday, November 19, 2008

ch-ch-changes

God can be accessible within, not because I'm so amazing or brilliant or talented, but because God's loving energy is so vast.

I am aware of my human failings, God knows, but to give in to perpetual self-loathing is to miss the purpose of God's presence in each of our lives.

Isn't that what we are asked to do?

A passive life is a terrible thing to lead.

Yes, I have heard the message for nearly 25 years.

Yet, if I choose to wait for the Kingdom of God, don't I prevent it from taking place here on earth, where change is so desperately needed?

The Christian message now is not love and peace and inclusiveness. But rather the message I have learned is that I have been blessed because I happened to have been born into a nice Protestant family.

How terribly convenient! All the religious ideas floating about, and I picked the right one!

Yes, I am a chosen one indeed.

But what happens when I just can't believe anymore? And why do I feel afraid to let go of these old ideas that no longer fit with my reality? And what kind of love is that?

Love means allowing people to change.

God, too.

1 comment:

Goodwin Films said...

So true my friend, so true