Sunday, October 12, 2008

ESPN Magazine, NO!



Oklahoma State 28
Missouri 23

Of course I'm on the bandwagon. I remember when the Tigers were on the tearful end of humiliating defeats every single week. For years! Oh, I remember.

Times have changed.

After beating the usual no-name non-conference opponents, they destroyed the Huskers in Nebraska.

52-17.

Oh, the Huskers. I remember how that heartless heartland team (with a future Republican congressman for a coach, no less) ran up the score on Mizzou for years. Except that one time. We won't talk about that. 1997.

It's a little different now.

A number 3 ranking. Okay. I can work with that.

A Heisman frontrunner for a QB. He's the guy in the front on the magazine cover.

I'm getting spoiled.

Chase Daniel, you shouldn't have.

No, really.

You shouldn't have ...

Thrown 3 interceptions, including one with a minute and a half to go! NO!

My bitter heart says Mizzou has no business losing to OSU at home.

But allow me to take a breath.

It could be that OSU is better than I thought. They'll likely crawl into the Top 10 with this upset, a nice leap from #17.

It could be that Mizzou is mediocre, a far cry from the contendahs I envisioned.

I remember when every other team was intimidating.

It doesn't work that way anymore.

Did someone forget?

No comments: